Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Graduation Is Next Month

I hope everyone is having a great semester. This semester has just flown by and graduation is coming up on May 10, 2011. Remember starting tomorrow you can pick up your graduation tickets. Due to the lack of space in the gym, ACC will have the lunch room open and the ceremony will be shown on the "BlueTube". This year ACC has a second option that is pretty cool, they have opened the ACC Theatre for seating and will show the entire ceremony on a big screen. I know I am excited, because I am one of the graduates crossing the stage! I have also had the honor of being President of Phi Theta Kappa, which is the Honor Society for two year colleges. If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa, make sure you stop by the ACC bookstore and purchase your PTK stole and tassle, to be worn during the graduation ceremony.

Several of our ambassadors are graduating, which means Cammy and Liz will be needing to replace them. There will be an "Ambassador Session" on April 21, from 12:00 until 2:00 in the Texas Room. Kristy and myself will be there to conduct the session and answer any questions you might have about the Ambassador Program. You will be able to fill out an application, as well as have your initial interview on the spot. Being an Ambassador is a great honor, since you are the "Face of ACC", and don't forget about the $500 scholarship that goes along with that.


I have enjoyed being an ambassador for the last two semesters, and if it weren't for me graduating, I would do it again next semester. I have enjoyed every minute of my two years here at ACC and I will continue to take some courses that will enhance my degree. Enjoy this beautiful weather, and I look forward to seeing you around campus.

Karen Leder

Student Ambassador / President of Phi Theta Kappa

No comments:

Post a Comment